Thank you for your interest in privacy. We, the Odyssey team, are glad you are here, reading this, and we really mean it!
We would like to let you know that all of us in the Odyssey team are currently using Odyssey, so these privacy rules apply to us as much as they apply to you. Furthermore, when we built Odyssey, we strived to create a platform that we would not hesitate to use ourselves.
- Do NOT provide any information that you consider confidential when asking questions.
- Your questions may be ocasionally be seen and read by a human (somebody from the Odyssey team).
- Your questions are forwarded to OpenAI, the company behind ChatGPT. This is how we use ChatGPT to answer your questions.
- Except for the question text, there is no other information about you that we send to ChatGPT (OpenAI APIs).
- We are doing limited tracking of your activity on odyssey.today webpage with the sole purpose of gathering statistics for improving the site.
- We are not using cookies or any other technology for tracking across the web.
- We do not gather any identifiable information about our visitors. We do not care who they are, only what pages they visit on our site.
- We do not use advertising.
Processing of the registration and feedback data you provide:
When you register to Odyssey and provide feedback after each round, you provide us with data, including personal information. Access to this data is described in the following:
- The data can be seen by the Odyssey team and by your Odyssey pairs (Odyssey users with whom you have been paired).
- Your Odyssey pairs will receive your name, email, web page, your skills as a mentor, mentee and/or networking details.
- Your Odyssey pairs will also receive after each round the feedback you provided for them.
- You will also receive the feedback that your pairs gave you.
- The core Odyssey team (currently 6 people) has access to your data. Your data is used in the matching process and for contacting you in relation to the Odyssey
process. During each Odyssey round, you will receive the following emails from us:
- One or more matching emails: these emails inform you of who your mentoring or networking pairs are, their skills and interests
- One email inviting you to provide feedback about your pairs and the Odyssey process
- Reminders in case you are late with the feedback or other input required from you
- One email containing the feedback you received from your pairs during the previous round
- Occasionally we send emails to inactive participants with Odyssey news and new developments
- In case you want to exit the Odyssey platform and you want your data removed, you can do so by contacting us at . We can remove your personal data, however, we cannot remove the feedback that you have provided to your pairs.
- We do not use passwords. In order to change your data, we send you a unique token to your email address and you need to use it to modify your current registration data. This token is random and unique for each user and can only be used within a certain time interval.